Saturday 26 May 2012

MY PRODIGAL SON [a poem]

I cannot help but to worry
For I have send him down into the quarry
To work and to search for the light
That we need to improve our sight

The cave or pit down on earth
Is the only place that can give birth
To the qualities we request
To continue on our spiritual quest                               

My son and I will then go further
To the house of my Father
The spirit in Heaven
Amongst the plains of seven

We are building my house, the causal form
As a shelter from the storm 
Of pain and suffering down below
Where my son is taking another blow

Will he withstand this one as he did before?
And go back and ask for more?
Or will he loose his way in the storm?              
And shall I have to go and keep him worm?    

I shall like always hide
But stay by his side                                                      
Hoping that this was his last fight                              
The one that will give him his sight               

Till then I shall keep an eye on the road
Because he will be carrying a load        
And might be in need of assistance            
But only if I meet with no resistance

I have carried my cross long time ago                       
But this is his cross, and his time to grow                   
I can be his conscience and push and pull
But in the end his own mind must rule                                                                    

Through service he will conquer the pain      
And never look back again
He will return to the house of his Father
Where I await, to take him to the house of my Father

EDGEBA    

No comments:

Post a Comment