Monday 14 April 2014

FORGIVE ME [a poem]


I do not want to utter these words as an appeal
But, I think, it is time you know how I feel
And how I found the light
Destined to shine ever bright

It is no need to say I was wrong
For what is right and what is wrong?
One moment I think I was right
And the next I want to hide from sight

Overcame by the shame of this lie
It might have been better for me to die
But luckily I realised that I had no control
Over things ordained by my soul

We have found love and happiness
Disguised in its one-sidedness
How could we know what we had
If we never went through the sad?

One of us might have known
But the other had to learn on his own
Maybe we were holding each other back
And destiny decided on a different tack

This crisis of necessity for progress
Was all ‘part and parcel’ of the proses
Of learning and gaining experience
In how to bring out the brilliance

There is a higher Schemer up there
That will lay everything bear
So that your light can be seen from afar
Because you are destined to shine like a star

Thus, life never takes us where we like to go
For that is not for us the way to grow
In time we will see everything clear
And we will know what to hold dear

Even if we never see each other again
We are always united through our pain
A sweet pain that was not in vain
But was needed to break the chain

To give birth to true love
Inspired from above

EDGEBA


See all my poems at:
http://edgeba.webs.com/poemsoftruthi.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment