Monday 2 December 2013

EXPOSING THE LIE [a poem]


I cannot say that I have had a bad life
Not always happy but surely an eventful life
Full of ups and downs but always onwards
While my soul was pulling me upwards

I found it hard to live with my compatriots
Always thinking they were idiots
Finding it hard to fit in with their ways
While preparing for better days

Only to end up like the rest
Always trying to be the best
Not knowing what life was all about
Till after I was burned out 

Life to me, became nothing but a lie
And I could not wait till it was time to die
But ever since I have started to question it
I have learned to see the other side of it

Everything we see and do is only temporally
Riches and fame, the good life, all temporally
The same goes for the other side of the coin
Where you get crucified or kicked in the groin

By loved ones you worked for all your life
Where words and deeds can stick like a knife
And both sides learn the hard way
By being worked like a piece of clay

Only by exposing this lie
Can you look through God’s eye
Where Wisdom is knowledge gained by experience
And implemented by love to gain sentience        

Be careful what you ask God
It might not work out as you thought
For what is planned in the spiritual world
Is destined to work out in the physical world

It might not make sense in the beginning
But in the end you will be winning
For life will set you free
To become what was meant to be

Maybe a worker of light
If you can handle the plight

EDGEBA


See all my poems at:
http://edgeba.webs.com/poemsoftruthi.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment