Tuesday 4 December 2012

END OF YEAR [a poem]


So, as another year comes to an end
It is time for our memories to blend
To reflect on our deeds
And to taste the fruits of our seeds
 
If I have insulted you at any time
I hope I have not committed a crime
That is so bad that we cannot make amends
And drive all bad memories to its ends
 
If I have offended you through my actions
Please take in consideration my imperfections  
Although I might sometimes think I know it all
I’m just setting myself up for another fall
 
Some of us had a bad run
While others had their days in the Sun
What a treasure of bad and happy days
That led us on enlightened ways
 
Some experienced the sting of death
That came at the end of the breath
Others experience again the joy of birth
The recycling of a new life on earth
 
Some of our mirages came to an end
With no change of it ever to be mend
But even from this we did prevail
Much like a dog dragging its tail
 
Some experience financial hard times
Brought about through someone else’s crimes
We have experienced sickness
And overcome our weakness
 
So, brothers and sisters of my kind
Let’s leave the bad vibes behind
And take from the good, the bad and the sad 
The fruits of experience to be had
 
For wisdom is knowledge gained this year
And experience to be implemented next year
Through love and service to each other
Pease to you, my sister and brother
 
So, my dear
I’ll see you next year
EDGEBA


 

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment