Tuesday 14 February 2012

Hanoi and Halong Bay - Vietnam


My first visit to a communist country and I must say that I am impressed with the way the people have overcome their hardships experienced during the war. They seem happy with their lot and nobody that I have met was complaining. Of course we find the haves and have-nots but that we find everywhere. The main thing is the people have found their identity and are proud of whom they are. They seem to be very much aware of the fact that they must survive as a group and therefore are nearer to the earth than we tend to be. A lot of people seem to be making a living tilling the soil and working in the rice paddies; a fact that is brought out in their food.
Everywhere we go I find people and places with a history we know nothing about; in some cases the history is older and much more glorious than our own. The land itself is ancient.





























No comments:

Post a Comment